Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Perspective


It was a lovely, warm day.  I sat on the porch soaking up the warmth.  My next door neighbor came out.  I waved hello.  She was walking to her mailbox, but began walking to my house. I told her I was sick, but she continued walking.  In spite of not feeling well I got up to meet her. She told me "don't get up," but I told her I needed to give her a hug. We met in the middle of the yard. 

As we embraced, she broke out in huge sobs. She whispered to me that her only son had been taken to jail that morning...for at least a year. I began sobbing with her...uncontrollably.  She told me not to cry as I would start coughing. I told her I needed to cry because I love her son as my own, and was heart broken for them both.
Truthfully,
Joanne


 "Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep." (Romans 12:15)

No comments: