Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What's Up

I began feeling ill the day before my birthday, but made the most of it.  Michael had made special plans for Saturday to celebrate: dinner and a concert with two of my favorite people, Rick and Dee (my son's inlaws.) I took lots of medicine and made it through.  By Sunday, I was feeling much worse. The fifth day, Monday, I went to the Dr.

My doctor and the pharmacist warned me that some of the medication could cause me to become aggressive, angry, and agitated, so I should warn those closest to me.

Funny, I think I was too sick.  I had no energy for anger, agitation, or aggression. That was 8 days ago.

I went to the doctor again yesterday.  I was told I am not well yet and should spend another week resting and continue taking the meds. I have a bit more energy now and lots of free time.

I probably shouldn't be posting, but what's a mother to do? When someone says unkind things about one of her children, the Mama Bear comes out-and this one is on steroids. ROAR!


Truthfully,
Joanne

 "So I remained utterly silent,
    not even saying anything good.
But my anguish increased; 

     my heart grew hot within me.
While I meditated, the fire burned;
    then I spoke with my tongue: 
 “Show me, Lord, my life’s end
    and the number of my days;
    let me know how fleeting my life is." (Ps. 39:2-4)

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

HUGS.

I'll RAWR with you.

Praying that you feel better soon!