Monday, June 23, 2014

Blessed Indeed!

I can't believe I have to wait a month to see the professional wedding photos. I can't wait to share them.

As the mother-of-the-bride, I didn't have a chance to take pictures myself, except when I grabbed Michael's phone and got this one.
I felt unbelievably blessed at the wedding. Not only was the bride beautiful and everything perfectly lovely, but I realized once again what an amazing family I have.

As I looked around the room,

 I saw 20 family members who had flown in from out of state to celebrate my daughter's wedding: my daughter's grandparents, cousins, aunts & uncles.

I looked at my own 5 children, their 4 spouses, and my 3 grandchildren;

I felt abundantly blessed.
Yet in that moment, I realized an even greater depth to our family.

Danny's parents were at the wedding. Lauren's parents were not only present but helped set up for the reception. Brian's mom was in attendance, as were Travis' parents. All 7 parents of my inlaw children were joined together as family to celebrate the wedding of Sarabeth & Travis. I  am blessed indeed!

Truthfully,
Joanne
 
(P.S. I hope to share pictures of everyone once we get the wedding photos back.)

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!" (Ps. 133:1)

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Welp, this made me cry before work... Thanks Mom! Lol Love you