Thursday, July 10, 2014

Color Or Not Color

A good friend of mine, now that she has her first grandchild, has decided to rock her natural hair color. Because the two of us share a grand daughter, I wondered how I would look with naturally white hair. The time, hassle, and cost of continually coloring my hair is annoying. This led me to hours of searching through pics of my hair.
2001-2002 
In the top left photo, I am 39 years old. Believe it or not, I was still highlighting my hair. As you can see from the middle picture, it was definitely gray. By the third, I had quit bleaching and was instead applying temporary color.
 2003
After turning 40, I decided to grow my hair out. I'd never had long hair in my entire life. I truly mean never. While my sisters were sporting ponytails, I had pixie cuts.
 2004
2004
A dear friend, who happens to be a hairdresser, pulled me aside and convinced me to go red and cut my hair.  It took a few tries to get the right color, but Michael fell in love with this ginger.
 2005
Red fades more than any other color, so I began going darker in an attempt to keep it from fading so fast.
2006 
I added blonde highlights,
2007
and continued to play with the color.
 2008
I couldn't decide about the cut.
2009
I experienced more than one bad haircut.
2010
A bad haircut results in a bad hair day,
2011
which can ruin my week,
2012
and can last for months.
2013
After I turned 50, I noticed my hair had also aged.
2014
Then I got busy and haven't had time to get my hair professionally done.
 What do I do??? Cut? Color? Go gray and return to my childhood pixie cut? I have an appointment with the hairdresser. Yikes!

Truthfully,
Joanne


 "The glory of youths is their strength, but the beauty of the aged is their gray hair." (Prov. 20:29)

No comments: