Monday, May 18, 2015

Here We Go Again

I shouldn't be surprised. I have two kids who don't seem to want to stay put. When Christopher went out-of-state for college, he pretty much never returned. First Arizona, then South Korea, New Orleans and now he and Lauren reside in California.


Sarabeth has ventured out, but always come back. North for a semester of college, and back, a semester in London, and back. Married now and living across town. Sarabeth and Christopher have very different personalities, yet something calls to them to venture out.

It's interesting to look back to when they were little and see how far they've come. Christopher was social and enjoyed new experiences. He welcomed challenges and boldly accepted each one presented to him. I admired his courage.

Sarabeth was quiet, never wanted to leave my side, yet had such tenacity and veracity that when she was presented with various types of challenges, she stood uncompromising and unrelenting. I admired her strength.

Anyone who has read here for awhile, most likely knows the history of Sarabeth being the velcro baby. As I previously mentioned, she never wanted to leave my side, but Sarabeth also has an adventurous side. Anyone remember Sarabeth's Adventure Pants?

Sarabeth is once again putting on her adventure pants. A few days after being accepted to Grad School, her husband was offered a job in Atlanta, Georgia. Sarabeth is now applying for schools in the South. She and Travis are excited and ready to take on this new challenge and adventure. I'm going to miss them very much-just like I miss Christopher and his family.

In spite of wishing I could keep them close, I am convinced they must answer the call and follow their dreams and convictions.


Truthfully,
Joanne 

"I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you.  This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you.  For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:5-7)

No comments: