Saturday, January 16, 2016

Abstract Saturday

I've been wanting to try this for some time. I hope you all don't think I've lost my mind. I love abstract art. I tend to find faces and people while studying a piece. I also find faces in woodwork, tile, anywhere a design can hide people. If I was paranoid, I'd swear these were done on purpose. I could be one of those people who finds Jesus in a pancake, or at least his perceived likeness.

In our new bathroom tile, I have found many interesting characters. One night, when the light was dim, I saw a lady in a bathtub, wearing glasses, and smiling. I wanted to snap a photo but didn't have my phone. The next day, no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find her again. That's the problem with not capturing it when you see it. But even a photo doesn't show the image quite the way I see it. I was browsing through the many photos I've taken and can't for the life of me remember or see a face, nothing.

In light of photos not being able to capture it quite the same, (or maybe it's the photographer) my goal is to share them with you, my readers, what treasures I find, and ask if you see the same thing that I do. Maybe you will see something completely different. Please share. Welcome to Abstract Saturday.


Do you see him? He's in the center tile. He's wearing a hat and has a beard. I don't know if this photo will help, but here is a similar photo next to it to give you an idea what I see.

I look forward to sharing more finds with you. If you happen to be at my house, I welcome you to study my tile and see what interesting things you find.

Truthfully,
Joanne

 "What is hidden he brings forth to light." (Job 28:11)

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Haha! I saw it clear as day, then when I looked again, couldn't find it lol