Monday, January 25, 2016

Dreaming

Can't remember if I've shared this before. I dream a lot. I also have nightmares. Sometimes I know I am dreaming and know if I can yell, I can wake myself up. It works. When I don't realize I'm dreaming I might yell because I'm scared or whatever. I've told Michael that if he hears me making noise, trying to scream to please wake me up. It works.

Sometime this morning, after the sun was up, I tried to fall back asleep. I was so tired. For some reason, (most likely because I recently told Elisabeth about a terrifying incident with a peeping Tom) I looked up at the window to check if it was open. I saw a shadow. I stared for a moment longer and saw a hand reaching to open the window further.

I yelled to Michael that someone was at the window. He didn't wake up. I thought the shadow might disappear, but it didn't. The hand reached into the window. I began screaming. I felt Michael shaking me to wake me up. I screamed, "I AM NOT SLEEPING!!!! THEY ARE COMING IN THE WINDOW!" I continued to scream and he continued to shake me.

I finally woke up.

I lay there a moment trying to get my bearings as I truly thought I was awake in the dream. Finally I turned to Michael, "thank-you for waking me up. Please don't ever believe me if I scream I AM NOT SLEEPING."

Dreams can be so weird.

Truthfully,
Joanne

"But I will give you many wonderful gifts and honors if you tell me what the dream was and what it means."  Dan. 2:6

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

OHMYGOSH!!! Sooo scary!!!