Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Forever Mommy

This post goes out to Mommy. I don't know you. You don't know me. I can only guess the story behind this.

Here is my best guess. Your little girl, such a sweetie, wanted to give you a special present for Christmas. Daddy helped her pick out just the right beads. Your daughter strung each bead, a heart, a butterfly, the letters of her mommy's name, another heart, more beads, mom's favorite colors. She carefully placed it in a box, wrapped it with love, and placed it under the tree.

Christmas morning she presented you with her sweetly wrapped box. You were filled with joy as she tied it around your wrist. You thanked her. She beamed with pride and joy.

Her first day back to school, you took the dog for a walk. Later, when your daughter came home from school, she noticed your bracelet was missing. You assured her you had not removed it. It must have fallen off when you were walking.

Tears filled her eyes. You comforted her and felt sadness that you lost this precious gift she worked so hard to make. You promised to take her to the store to buy more beads. Possibly you suggested she make matching bracelets for the two of you.

Now I want to tell you the rest of the story. Another mommy took her dog for a walk today. Her heart hurt deeply, tears with every step. Three months ago, this mommy lost her only son. He was 28.  Her pain is unimaginable. Her grief is overwhelming, the tears uncontrollable. Every day she waits, watches, looks for a sign from God that her son is okay. She needs to know He sees her broken heart. Today, in the midst of the rain, she found her sign. There it was lying in a mud puddle: A bracelet with the word MOMMY.

I hope you have recovered from your loss. Your loss became a precious gift to someone very dear to me. I don't believe it was an accident. Thank-you to the one who strung those letters together. Your mommy may have lost it, but it was found by another mommy and will be cherished forever.

Thank-you God!

Truthfully,
Joanne
“Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven."(Mt. 18:10)

4 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Made me cry. Awesome. God knows how to reach us when we need to be hugged.

Anonymous said...

Made me cry too. And smile.
Dorcas (SingingOwl)

Truth said...

Thank-you. Tammy, you understand better than any of us. Hope you see butterflies this winter!

Tubagus said...

Thank you for share this story, after read it, i call my mom....I LOVE HER