Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What A Wonderful World

I have posted about this song before, here and here. Over the weekend it was running through my head. As the lyrics formed, something didn't feel right. As I suspected, I was singing it wrong, lol. Not the first time this has happened. It truly is a wonderful world.

I see trees of green, red roses too (The next line was what I had wrong.)


I see them bloom for me and you (Icing in blue, for me and you....)
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white


The bright blessed day and the dark sacred night

And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

The colors of the rainbow
So pretty in the sky


Are also on the faces
Of people goin' by


I see friends shakin' hands
Sayin', "How do you do?"
They're really sayin'
"I love you"
I hear babies cry,

I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

Don't you think Satchmo was right?
What a wonderful world
You were right, Pops

Truthfully,
Joanne

Psalm 89:15 Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance.

2 comments:

cmhaws said...

Great song, great artist, great city. Sounds like the Big Easy is trying to call you back

Truth said...

Amazing how a place can pull on your soul that way. Rick mentioned the other day how much he missed it and was surprised since he never actually lived there.